Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jazzy Minus the Jazz Hands

A few weeks ago I was looking through some old photos with my mother and I came across this gem. A photo of me before a dance recital, looking 100% confident with myself, and feeling like the coolest person around in my jazz costume. I especially dug the fingerless gloves and the hat perched at a jaunty angle. We only have a very short time in our lives where we can be a kid, put on a crazy costume, strike a crazy pose for the camera, and yet feel completely confident that we are awesome at that moment in time. No matter how much life as a grownup may get me down, at least I can look at this picture and know for sure that I used to be awesome. Please send me your photos and the stories that go with them, about how you used to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment